Ruffle Neck Jordan
Embellish your knit bubble with a simple ruffle at the neck.
Shop the Look
Cut out all pieces for the Jordan bubble.
Cut 1 ruffle from chart.
1. Construct Jordan steps 1-3 according to pattern instructions.
2. Serge or zig zag one long edge of the ruffle. Place short ends of ruffle right sides together and stitch. Press this seam open.
3. Turn under stitched edge of ruffle ¼ inch to the wrong side and press. Topstitch in place with a stitch length of 3.
4. Measure half and quarter measurements on the long edge of the ruffle. Mark these with a dot on the unfinished edge.
5. Sew 2 rows of gathering stitches to unfinished edge of ruffle ¼ inch and ½ inch from the edge.
6. Place ruffle right side up on the dress bodice right side up, matching the ruffle seam to the center back. Pin in place. Gather ruffle to neck edge matching marks on ruffle with bodice dots and center front. Baste ruffle in place ¼ inch from the edge.
7. Continue Jordan instructions at step 6 wrapping the neckband snugly around to the front of the neck and topstitching in place.
8. Complete construction of the garment according to instructions in pattern.
Adaptation by Melissa Sansom
Click the printer icon below for printable version.