Kaki + Parker's Pants Pajamas
Updated: Jun 7
Make them some cozy winter pajamas using our Kaki and Parker’s Pants (or Robert) patterns. In this sample, we used a darling knit from Magic Folk Unicorn by Michael Miller that will have her dreaming in no time.
Shirt Drafting and Cutting
1. Trace the bodice and sleeves of the Kaki view A. Lengthen the sleeve by measuring from the high point on the sleeve down to the edge of the sleeve. Draw underarm seams straight down. Refer to the chart for the new sleeve lengths.
2. Lengthen the front and back bodice by measuring from the high point on the shoulder down to the bottom cutting line of the bodice. Refer to the chart for the new bodice lengths.
1. Follow the Kaki instructions for view A through step 8. Finish the edge of the sleeve with a serger. Press the edge to the wrong side 3/8”. Unfold.
2. Stitch the underarm and side seams with right sides together. Refold the bottom of the sleeve and stitch a casing, leaving a 3/8” hole.
3. Cut 2 pieces of ¼” elastic 6” – 8” long and run the elastic through the casing.
4. Serge the bottom of the shirt then top stitch a ½” hem.
1. Follow the directions for Robert or Parker's Pants. When it is time for hemming, fold each pant leg 1/4" to the wrong side and aging 3/8" to the wrong side. Top stitch to form a casing, leaving a 3/8” hole.
2. Cut 2 pieces of ¼” elastic 6” – 9” long and run the elastic through the casing.
Adaptation by Susan Whitman
Click the printer icon below for printable version.