April with Ties
Updated: May 31
One of our favorite elements of the April pattern is the versatility of the bodice. In this adaptation, simple ties give this pinafore-inspired dress an entirely different look. We used corduroy for the dress and Liberty of London Meadow for the ties. The blouse is Allie made from the same Liberty Meadow print. Whenever we can use Liberty to contrast it is a winner in our book.
Children’s Corner April pattern Contrast Fabric for ties – 1/8 yard
1. Stitch contrasting piping to the center front section and center back sections.
2. Cut 4 strips of contrasting fabric by the following chart.
3. Fold the strips lengthwise with right sides together and stitch the long side and one end. Clip the corners and turn right side out and press.
4. Place the ends of the ties on the piping and ½” above the stitching line for the skirt. Stitch using the stitching line for the piping.
5. Continue with the April instructions.
Instructions by Susan Whitman
Click the printer icon below for printable version.